- What is Twilio?
- What kind of number do I need for the Mobile Messaging tool?
- I need help with Twilio! Who can I reach out to?
- Twilio/Mobile Messaging Pricing
What is Twilio?
Action Network integrates with Twilio to power your mobile messaging campaigns. Twilio handles the sending of mobile messages, receiving replies from your activists, purchasing and managing long codes (10 digit phone numbers), toll free numbers, and short codes (6 digit custom numbers) that you will use to send mobile messages from, and more.
What kind of number do I need for the Mobile Messaging tool?
You can use long codes (10 digit phone numbers), toll free numbers, or short codes (custom 5 or 6-digit phone number) for your mobile messaging service.
These are local numbers to be used only for call campaigns. Learn more about long codes.
Choose from available toll free numbers, which can handle higher SMS volume. Learn more about toll free numbers.
A short code is a 5 or 6-digit number that can send and receive mobile to and from mobile phones. Short codes are recommended for high volume campaigns (200,000+ messages/day or more). You can lease a random or vanity short code from Twilio. Learn more about Short Codes.
Shared Short Codes
These are short codes that can be shared among groups that share branding, such as affiliates and c3/c4 organizations. More here.
- Short codes can send as many messages as you need per day, and are meant for high volume senders, but are much more expensive (they start at around $1,000/month, whereas long codes are $1/month) and they take 2-3 months to apply for and receive access to.
- A good rule of thumb is if you expect to send 200,000 mobile messages/day or more, it makes fiscal sense to get a short code.
I need help! Who can I reach out to for support?
You can reach out to us at email@example.com, and we'll be able to point you in the right direction.
Twilio/Mobile Messaging Pricing
There are two fees you'll have to pay monthly for use of the mobile messaging tool. The first fee is a partnership with Action Network to access the mobile messaging features, which is based on how many messages you send per month, similar to a partnership for email features.
Twilio also charges for the services that you use. Pricing is based on the destination and type of message you are sending. They follow a pay-as-you-go pricing model to ensure a fair price no matter what you build. For a full pricing chart, click here.
Both of these fees will show up on your bill that you pay to Action Network.