You can use ladders to send a kicker email or mobile message to your activists. In this example, we'll test if a kicker email or mobile message is more effective.
1. Create the ladder with the trigger Received a Specific Email, and select the email you want to trigger the ladder. In our example, the email is asking activists to sign a petition. Make sure the email is still in draft mode when you publish the ladder, since ladders aren't retroactive.
2. Add a wait period for a day or two, to give your activists time to take action.
3. After the wait period, add a decision step. This decision step will decide if people have signed the petition or not. If they have, they will exit the ladder. If they haven't, they'll continue on with the rest of the steps.
4. Under the No path of the decision step, add a randomizer. This will sort half of your activists down one path, and the other down another path.
5. Under one of the randomizer paths, add a Send an Email action step. This email will remind people to sign the petition.
6. Under the other randomizer path, add a Send a Mobile Message action step. This mobile message will remind people to sign the petition.
And you're done! Make sure to save the ladder and test it.