If you use ActBlue to raise money, you can integrate that account with Action Network. There are two versions of the integration. The "old" integration is implemented by ActBlue only. ActBlue will subscribe donors to Action Network and record the donation date (no backdating) and donation amount. The old integration will continue to work.
The new integration will:
- Automatically subscribe donors to your group's email list
- Store donation date, donation amounts, and recurring status
- Store ActBlue's employer field as a custom field of your choosing in Action Network
- Store ActBlue's occupation field as a custom field of your choosing in Action Network
- Tag activists with ActBlue Express Lane enabled with a tag of your choosing
To set up the integration, go to the 'Start Organizing' menu and select 'API and Sync'. In the ActBlue section, select which existing custom fields and tags you'd like to use to store ActBlue's employer, occupation, and Express Lane data. Click Save.
Another step will appear, prompting you to generate your credentials. Click 'Generate Webhook Credentials' and the username, password, and webhook URL will populate. Send this information over to our friends at ActBlue, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can read more about setting up ActBlue Webhooks here.
Once the integration is set up, you can request that ActBlue send over existing data (backfill). We do not recommend doing this if you already have the old integration set up, as it will result in duplicated transactions. They will:
- Subscribe any donors (including resubscribing activists who have previously unsubscribed)
- Send over donation history (transactions will be backdated)
- Send over employer and occupation data
- Send over express lane data
Going forward, this data will be sent over to Action Network automatically when an activist makes a donation on ActBlue. However, if they disable express lane, the tag will not be removed.
Integrating with ActBlue is a feature only available to paying partners. To become a partner, please visit actionnetwork.org/partnerships.