You can use Ladders to survey your activists about various issues you're working on and customize the response they receive.
1. The ladder will be triggered by a Mobile Message asking the activists to participate in a survey. When you create the ladder, select Received a Specific Mobile Message as the trigger, and select the mobile message you'd like to use. Your Mobile Message should ask the multiple choice survey question you'd like your activists to answer, something like, "Which issue is more important to you? A. Homelessness B. Racial Justice C. Climate Change. Answer A, B, or C to submit."
Make sure the message is in draft when you publish the ladder, since ladders are not retroactive.
2. Next, you'll add a Wait for Reply step. Select Wait for Mobile Response and Store. Add the number of hours you want to wait for people to respond. Next, add the field that will store the data being collected. Below this, you can add valid response options. You can also write validation for these responses using regular expressions. At the bottom, you can add an auto-response message in case people reply with an invalid response option and give them another chance to send in a valid response.
3. Next, you can filter people based on whether they responded or not. If they did not reply, you can add additional steps to send a goodbye message or let them exit the ladder right away. If people did reply, add a decision step, and filter Field Value, specifically including the custom field and value you're looking for.
4. Under the Yes path, create another Send a Mobile Message action step. This mobile message should say something like, "Thanks for your response! We agree that homelessness is a priority. Call your senator and tell them to support action on homelessness: 123-456-7890". You can use Action Network's call campaign tool for the call action.
5. Under the No path, create another decision step. It will look identical to the decision step above, except you are looking for a field with the value B.
6. Under the Yes path for the second decision step, create a Send a Mobile Message action step. This message should say something like, "Thanks for your response! Racial justice is a top priority for our campaign. Sign our petition here (and insert a link here!)". You can use Action Network's petition tool for this.
7. Under the No path, create your final decision step. It will look the same as the other decision steps, except it will filter for a field with the value C.
8. Under the Yes path for the third decision step, create a Send a Mobile Message action step. This message would say something like, "Thanks for your response! Climate change is an issue that impacts all of us. Send a letter to your representatives here (and insert a link here!)". You can use Action Network's letter campaign tool for this.
That's it! Your ladder is done. Make sure to save and test.