You can use Ladders to collect information about your activists, like their name, email, address, and more. From the Ladders page, click Add New Ladder and select the Mobile Collect Activist Info template.
1. Create a Ladder and set the trigger. By default, the trigger is a form you've used Text to Take Action on. You can use any trigger that makes sense for your program. For this example, we'll set the ladder to be triggered when someone takes action via keyword. Choose Took a Specific Action for the trigger, select the action, then tick off the checkbox to We select the action and check the box to Only trigger if Activists took this action via Mobile Message. You will be notified if there is already a ladder using this action as a trigger.
2. Next, edit the following Action step. Select Send a Mobile Message. In your mobile message, say something like, "Thanks for signing our petition! Reply with your email to add information to your file."
3. Edit the next Wait for Mobile Response and Store step. Select the number of hours you'd like to wait for this activist to respond. Then select which field you want to store their reply in. Here, we'll select the Email field from the dropdown. Below this, you can add valid responses or validation rules to ensure clean data is being saved to Action Network. This is built in for email, but can be useful when collecting other pieces of data. You'll be able to set specific valid response options or parameters using regular expressions. Save this step. If people respond, they will continue to the next step in the ladder. If they don't you can have them exist the ladder or add additional steps.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 with first name, last name and zip code.
5. After your final wait step, send another mobile message that thanks activists for filling out their information. Then save (and test!!!) your ladder.