You can use Ladders to collect information about your activists, like their name, address, and more.
1. Create a Ladder and set the trigger. You can use any trigger that makes sense for your program. For this example, we'll set the ladder to be triggered when someone receives a specific mobile message from us asking them for more information.
Note: Ladders are not retroactive, so make sure that your mobile message is still in draft when you publish your ladder!
2. Next, click the green plus button to create an Action step. Select Send a Mobile Message. In your mobile message, say something like, "Thanks for signing our petition! Reply with your first name to add information to your file."
3. Click the green plus button to create a Wait step. Choose the 'Wait for mobile response and store' wait step. Select the number of hours you'd like to wait for this activist to respond. We'll go with 2 hours. Then select which field you want to store their reply in. Here, we'll select First Name.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 with last name and zip code.
5. After your final wait step, send another mobile message that thanks activists for filling out their information. Then save (and test!!!) your ladder.